Live-Recordings of the congress on CD and DVD can be ordered via this PDF form.
Conference language: English.
- 4 History of the Vinaya Lineages , 8.00– 10.40 a.m.
- 5 Polarity between Tradition and Requirements of Modern Times, Part I , 10.40 – 11.40 a.m.
- Lunch Break 90 min.: 11.30 a.m. – 13.00 p.m. (university canteen 5 min. walk)
5 Three Parallel Sessions: Part II, III and IV, 13.00 – 15.00 p.m.
Polarity between Tradition and Requirements of Modern Times
Part II, Lecture Hall A
Part III: Theravada: Sri Lanka, Burma, Thailand, Bangladesh, Lecture Hall C
Part IV: Mahayana: China, Vietnam, Korea, Tibet, Thailand, Lecture Hall M
Friday, July 20, 2007 - Complete Program
Audimax, University of Hamburg, von-Melle-Park
- Welcome and Keynote speeches, 10.00 – 11.30 a.m.
- Keynote speeches
Bishop Maria Jepsen, North Elbian Protestant Church:
Women and Religion: The religious competence of women
His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama:
Human Rights and the Status of Women in Buddhism
- Lunch break (2 hrs): 11.30 a.m. – 13.30 p.m.
- Panel Discussion, Concluding Speech and Resolution, 13.30 – 16.00 p.m.
- Panel Discussion:
H. H. the Dalai Lama and leading Buddhist monks, nuns and scholars
Revival of the Bhiksuni precepts in Tibetan Buddhism
Moderator: Dr. Thea Mohr
- Concluding Speech by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Resolution